Many bloggers do something special on a certain day. Shoemoney has “Free T-shirt Friday” (which was an ingenius idea I wish I would have thought of), Caroline Middlebrook has “Caroline’s Favourite Links,” Daily Blog Tips has “Link Tips.”
After much consideration, I decided to create Sunday Statistics, where I will offer my readers a small amount of statistics that may help them better understand their target audience. I have a few resources that will give me consistent stats every week, from which I will choose the most appropriate for my audience: online and offline marketers.
- 42% of individuals between the ages of 18-34 watch video online at home at least once per week.
- Only 15% of those 35+ watch videos online at home weekly.
- 40% of the online video audience accounts for men 18-34.
Interestingly enough, a survey part of the LRG study Emerging Video Services II found:
- 52% of online video viewers typically spend no more than ten minutes watching each video.
- Only 4% strongly agree that they would consider disconnecting their TV service to only watch video online.
So, what can we say about our audience of online video users?
- They are primarily between the ages of 18 and 34
- It is more likely they are men than women.
- Most only view clips or videos ten minutes or less
- The medium is not yet strong enough to take over television.
I hope you enjoyed this edition of Sunday Statistics. If you have any requests for what kind of statistics should be featured next week or in the future, please let me know, as I will be more than happy to scourge the net for the numbers you are looking for. Simply contact me via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.